- She has taken a few independent steps, and is gaining confidence in her walking everyday.
- She is getting close to using a fork by herself, and has mastered the spoon.
- She is getting her own adaptive tricycle, so she can ride while we go on our evening walks. Not only will the trike strengthen her legs, but it will also help with brain connectivity.
- She has gotten a body compression suit called Theratogs. It helps calm her system, and also helps with brain connectivity.
- The biggest victory is that Brielle has started using two 'words'. This is a huge deal because we weren't sure if she would ever understand how sounds can have meaning. She has started saying 'mo' for more, and 'hep' for help. Most people might not be able to understand her words, but we know what she is trying to say!
Saturday, July 11, 2015
May and June have been busy months, so here is a picture recap!
Vacation in Cancun
Sailing on the catamaran
Eating yummy tacos
Tubing at Xel-Ha with her tia
Brielle has been working hard at therapy! One of her favorite activities is riding the tricycle
The best part of summer is spending lots of time on the boat!
Hosting a rainy memorial day with all our friends
We went up to Dahlongea for my birthday, and got to use our awesome Osprey pack.
Loving family time in our new house
Friend weekend at the lake. Nora loved swimming!
Brielle has achieved an important milestone of stacking blocks.
She also spent her first week at 'Grammy Camp', while Mommy was taking a class to finish her masters.
Nothing says summer like pizza and cupcakes at the pool.
The slip-n-slide is also a new favorite.
Fun Sunday lunch playing with the cousins. So fun to have family live close!
Brielle has made some great progress in the last few months:
It is hard to believe that we will have been a family for a whole year in August. Our little girl has amazing progress, and we are so blessed to be her parents. Thanks for your support and prayers!