Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A New Direction...

So I tried my hand at blogging, but that didn't last very long. My husband has suggested that my blog take a new direction...book reviews! I am a Christian, so my reviews will come from my viewpoint. I like to read all types of books, including Christian and non-Christian. I am open to suggestions if people know of good books to read. I can't guarantee that everyone will like my opinions, but that is ok with me. I'm not hear to have debates about books, just say what I thought about them. I may give away some details about the book, but I'll try not to ruin any crucial parts. Well here goes a new direction!

Book: Winter Garden
Author: Kristen Hannah

I really enjoyed this book because it is a mix of past and present. It combines the story of Stalin's rule in Russia with sisters living in present day. It is a powerful story of family, and how love and persistence breaks down all barriers. It deals with some very serious tragedy, and how it changes a person. It has an unpredictable ending, at least I didn't see it coming.

There is some language in the book including the 'f' word, but it does not appear very frequently. It has some brief, but not explicit sexual content.

I would recommend this book, especially if you enjoy historical fiction.

If you read it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment