Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Projects

Since I am a teacher and I get a wonderfully long break this week is dedicated to projects. Yesterday our project was to de-Christmas the house. Our tree has been dead for about 2 weeks...so much for cutting down a nice Christmas tree. I've been terrified that it would catch on fire, so it had to go. We took down all the decor, drug the tree to the curb, and cleaned up in about 1.5 hrs.

Today I must finish thank-you notes from the wedding. I've been procrastinating way too long. I love my gifts, but I'm not so good with the note writing. After that is finished I've determined that I'm going to teach myself (and my husband) how to knit. I have decided that I must have a hobby that has a product. (The only other thing I do is read). I started the process last night, and I figured out how to cast on, but step two was a failure. By 12:30 I was very frustrated and gave up. We will see how today goes.

I have also set up my new sewing machine, but I can't decide what to make. I'm a beginner, but does anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. knitting! i can never remember how to cast on. ben has like a hundred different ways to do it, though. he's so good.

    i have the book: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Project. (long title). i bought it a long time ago and it is my favorite sewing book. it has a lot of quick, cute projects and some longer "weekend" projects. it was worth every penny to me.

    here it is on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lotta-Jansdotters-Simple-Sewing-How/dp/0811852571/ref=pd_sim_b_6

    i don't have my sewing machine up here. :( now i want it...

    ReplyDelete